If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (847) 600-0102

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Beware of overloading power strips

8/23/2017 (Permalink)

Recently, the team at SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie responded to an emergency fire loss in Kenilworth,IL caused by an overloaded power strip. The customer had 11,(yes 11) plugs in a power strip designed for 5 plugs. There were multi plug adapters plugged into each one of the sockets. Not surprisingly, the power strip was overwhelmed and shorted out causing a fire in the home office.

This is yet another example of a loss that could have been avoided by the proper intended use of an electrical device. Please take care not to exceed the recommended number of plugs to be used when employing power strips, or multi plug adapters,the results of not doing so can be catastrophic. Luckily, in this case no one was injured and the fire was able to be extinguished quickly. Next time, someone else may not be as fortunate.

If you have fire restoration or cleanup to deal with, please call the professionals at SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie at 847-600-0102. 24 hours a day/7 days a week we are available to help.

Other News

View Recent Posts