Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Smoke and fire damage in Evanston attic

An oscillating fan in the attic fell over, shorted out, and caused a small fire in this Evanston home. The fire was extinguished quickly, but the home sustained plenty of smoke and odor damage throughout the attic and second floor. The homeowner called the professionals at SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie and 4 days later hey were soot and odor free and on the way to restoration

Smoke damage to attic insulation

Tis Wilmette home suffered smoke damage to the entire second floor due to a small electrical fire in the attic. SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie was called in to remediate the damage and within three days it was looking and smelling better than ever.

Skokie kitchen fire does major damage

This fire in Skokie caused major damage to the kitchen and garage. While the fire was relatively small, every inch of the home was affected by the smoke and soot. SERVPRO of Winnetka/Wilmette/Skokie was dispatched to the scene as soon as it was safe to enter the dwelling. Emergency services were rendered and as soon as  the customer was moved to a hotel, we continued the process of helping them recover by removing all of the affected materials, and ridding the home of smoke and soot.  

Smoke and soot damage to ceiling

Here we see a great example of what smoke and soot can do to a home that has sustained a fire. Our techs are taking great care in dry chemical sponging all of the affected areas in a home before moving on to a wet cleaning. The dry cleaning of this ceiling ensures that as much contaminated material as possible is removed from the area in order to protect the materials from sustaining further damage. In a matter of hours our team took this damaged ceiling from this state, to a sparkling white. Remember to always dry clean anything that is dirty first,  before adding any water or cleaning agent to the process.